Today is one of those days when I become Lindsey the shark-blogger. I am also being incredibly lazy and must admit that my inspiration to talk about sharks again came from a post on Matador. Actually, I'm incredibly lazy squared because I'm just going to share the entire article with you sans any kind of originally on my part.
7 reasons to ban shark finning
by Mary Pfaffko
|Diver finds dead sharks that died a slow, painful death after being discarded off a finning boat.|
1. Our most ancient species are endangered.
2. The soup isn’t that good anyway.
3. Changing shark populations destabilizes marine ecosystems.
4. This isn’t just in Asia.
5. Finning cashes in on cruelty.
6. It’s a wasteful practice.
7. Longlining is killing more than sharks.
Ban Shark Finning Worldwide
What you can do